Friday, October 1, 2010

Time to go

I'm leaving for Mexico on Monday morning! Now that it's actually here and I'm looking at my visa and plane ticket instead of just imagining them, the nerves (and endless questions) are kicking in. The past two weeks have been challenging, and I've felt homeless for lack of a better term. I moved out of my apartment and back to my parent's house in Cincinnati. The bummer is that I don't really know anyone in Cincinnati so I've had lots of me time. Anyways, here's a glimpse into the mess that is my head at this point in time.

I don't really speak Spanish, and as much as I've been studying I just can't remember anything. I've gotten to do 3 triathlons and 1 running race in the past 6 weeks and I'm really going to miss racing and my awesome endurance sport friends. I've still been able to text and talk to my best friend Jenny every day, and I'm not certain I'll survive without the daily communication. I haven't been to church in about 6 weeks, and boy do I miss Clear River! I can't believe I'm leaving a full month later than I planned on, although I'm seeing the purpose in it.

I'll leave you with a picture of my race last weekend, the Boilerman olympic distance triathlon. I took 3rd in my age group and shaved 17 minutes off of last years time.

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing woman! Just remember the God can help you speak any language. If needed you will have it.

    ReplyDelete