Saturday, October 16, 2010

Climbing my first mountain

This morning I went with 7 other staff guys (I was the only girl!) to climb one of the four peaks of Cerro de la Silla, which is Monterrey's famous Saddle Back Mountain. It was an 8.2 mile round trip, and a pretty serious climb! I'm still waiting on David's garmin watch to tell us the elevation gain to the top, but trust me it was intense. Ever since my first trip to Back2Back in the fall of 2000, I've been asking to climb these mountains. It took me a whole decade, but I got there! It was such a great experience, and fun to spend time getting to know some of our staff men better. We want to climb all 4 of the peaks if possible, although we're not sure if there are trails up to all of them. Here are some pictures of our great trip, and maybe if you come visit me we can climb it again! Or at least to the half way point.

We started our climb at 7am so we could see the sunrise over Monterrey early in the morning, the sky was so pretty!
The view from the halfway point to the top, I told you it was quite a climb!
Monterrey from the top of the mountain
Stopped at the halfway point again to refuel
Colton and I at the halfway point

1 comment:

  1. Awesome mountains, awesome photos, awesome effort. How does that climb compare to an Ironman? With heat and altitude, it might have been quite difficult! PS - love those new running shorts ;-)

    ReplyDelete