Friday, July 22, 2011

Field Trip Fiasco

Yesterday we took the kids from Imperio de Amor on a field trip to AquaPlanet, which is a small water park here in Monterrey.  For myself, Hope, and our 4 interns, our job was to swim around all afternoon and just be available to help the group members with their kids.  Out of pure concern for the kids safety we decided to all go down the big water slide together.  Well, towards the bottom of the slide I got stuck.  I could hear one of the interns coming down behind me and all I could do was sit up so she'd hit my back instead of my head.  And collide we did, I feel like I was in a car accident.  Today I am sporting huge bruises across my back, knee, hip, and elbow.  And the poor intern is limping around a little because she twisted her ankle on my back.  What did we learn from this experience?  One person at a time on the big slide.  See, wasn't it a good thing that we tested the slide out for safety???

1 comment:

  1. I imagine their safety standards aren't what we have in the US. I bet there weren't guards timing everything like we would have at Kings Island. But all that aside - I'm very concerned about you!!!

    ReplyDelete