Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 1

Day 1 is in the books.  It was a fun, long, tiring day.  I am so thankful for my friends who stepped in to help out during the day.  Ramiro was just not going to take his nap (he usually sleeps for 2-3 hours every afternoon), so my friend David took him to the campus pool for 3 straight hours while Angel slept.  After all that fun Ramiro was fast asleep at 8:30.  My favorite part of the day was swimming with the boys.  I was always in the pool as a kid, and have been a lifeguard and teaching swimming for the last 10 years.  So today, David and I helped the boys get comfortable in the pool, going under water, and using their arms and legs.  Maybe I'll do mini swim lessons with them every day, they love the water and I want them to be safe in it.  
Ramiro woke up at 7, jumped in my bed, and asked to play with his train set right away.  It's a huge hit! 
 Angel put this bucket on his head to play cars and left it there for about 10 minutes
 Playing with blocks, Ramiro built an airplane
 The boys LOVE the shower.  I had to set a timer just to get them out
Look at that happy face!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the most adorable photos from Day 1! I love the basket on Angel's head and Ramiro's huge smile in the shower. Lots of happiness being shared all around!

    ReplyDelete