Thursday, September 22, 2011

Zoo Days



A few weeks ago I helped a group from New Life Garage Church take a few kids from Del Norte on a field trip to the zoo.  I had a blast taking Ramiro around and looking at the animals.  I don't think he's ever been to a zoo before, and he was a little freaked out.  We'd get to the new animal, I'd tell him what it was called in English and Spanish and he'd say, "si, VAMONOS!" or yeah, let's go!  I told him I thought the rhino smelled bad, and he wanted to know what smelled worse, the rhino or little Angel's diapers.  I told him it was a toss-up.  After the field trip we headed off to Carls Jr. for hamburgers, fries, and an ice cream.  It was quite an eventful day!

3 comments:

  1. I love Ramiro's body language in the 2nd photo - it's as if he is squishing against you in every way possible. I think he is literally "feeling" the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mindy! I'm so glad you had a good trip home for some rest and family time. It really warms my heart to see you with the children. You have such a genuine connection! What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete