Friday, September 23, 2011

Independence Day

September 16th is Mexico's Independence Day.  The Del Norte preschool kids had a school program that I got to go to.  They said the pledge, sang the national hymn and the state song, and then each class had a song and dance.  My favorite part was that after the show there was a "parade" around the neighborhood.  The word parade is pretty loose, the kids sat in the back of pickup trucks with balloons and the adults walked around behind them.  It was a great time, and the kids were excited that I took pictures of their performances.  They all crowded around the camera afterwards to see what they looked like.  It was a really fun day, and I was really proud of myself for going without another American to a Mexican holiday celebration.  I'm getting a little braver and doing things that force me to speak only in spanish without anyone to help me out if I get stuck.  
Ramiro
 Jessica
 Ricardo
 David
 Edgar
 Adilene
The "parade" around the neighborhood

No comments:

Post a Comment