Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 3

Today was a great day with the boys.  After they both had bad nights of sleep I was expecting a rough day, but it turned out to be quite fun.  We played outside early in the morning, and then headed to McDonald's with some other staff families to play on the play-place and have lunch.  When we got home the boys had naps/rest time, then we hit the pool for a few hours with David.  

I re-thought the night time plan and had much better success!  After dinner we played with the train set, had showers, and then I put Angel to bed with a bottle of warm milk instead of cold milk, which did the trick.   Ramiro could watch 20 minutes of a movie while I did that, the deal being that if he went to bed with a good attitude he could finish the movie when he wakes up in the morning.  After the 20 minutes was up Ramiro started whining.  I reminded him of his choices and told him to think about them for a minute while I got his milk.  And what do you know, he had a great attitude and after 2 books he went to sleep!  Both boys are asleep in 30 minutes with no screaming, I'm loving it.  

And I'll leave you with a photo collage of Angel's many special outfits today.  Trash can hat, cereal bowl hat, and then a grocery bag shirt.  He's a funny little guy!



1 comment:

  1. I love that you're developing effective behavior modification tricks with these little guys - and avoiding ineffective "threatening-repeating" parenting tactics. You're modeling what a great parent would provide - these guys are very lucky indeed!

    ReplyDelete