Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Questions Answered

To answer everyone's burning questions, I'm not moving on Sept. 9th, which would be tomorrow. I still don't have my work visa back yet, although it should be any day now. I think the tentative plan is to leave next weekend, although at this point I'm basically saying at some point in September I'll be moving to Monterrey. I'm really glad that God plans these things for us, because left to our own devices it would be disastrous! For example: my plan was to fly to Mexico on the 9th. As of the 8th, my apartment is still not packed/painted/moved out, my physical therapy school stuff isn't finished yet, and I haven't even started packing for Mexico. I'm working on it though, and it WILL be done by next week so that I'll be ready to leave whenever I can.

Some of you have also been asking about Ironman Kentucky, which I participated in on August 29th. It consisted of a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run, which totals 140.6 miles in one day! I made it 132.4 miles before having to drop out of the race because of heat exhaustion and dehydration. I got pretty sick out on the bike course where the actual temps were 92 or 93 and the heat index was definitely over 100. However it was one of the best days of my life, and I'm hopeful that I can do another full Ironman in 2012. Here are just a few pictures from that day (swim start, on the bike, on the run, and after getting out of the medical tent).





No comments:

Post a Comment