Friday, June 17, 2011

Summer Madness

Sorry for dropping off the blogosphere and leaving you all hanging!  Back2Back summer is in full swing which means interns, summer staff, and 50-100 mission trip guests every week.  It's a blast, and I'm exhausted after just the 2nd week.  Besides just being busy, our internet connection here has been really bad lately, so in my defense I've written several blogs but haven't been able to post them.  Here's a few bullet points of what I've been up.  I'll try to be more consistent in blogging, but for the next few weeks I think they'll be pretty short and sweet.  So here it is:
-had a great birthday
-moved to a new house on campus
-trained summer staff and interns
-started a new program called Play With Purpose (more to come on that soon!)
-pulled toilet paper out of a clogged toilet with my hands
-saw a musical by my kids at Del Norte
-met a few of the moms who have kids living at Del Norte
-poured concrete for a septic tank
-supervised field trips to Plaza Sesamo (water/theme park) and Chipinque (park on top of a mountain) with my Del Norte kids
-learned how to map out and run pipes and wire for lights and electric outlets
-taken groups to La Tierra Prometida (future B2B children's home), El Retiro Juvenile, and Del Norte for work days
-debriefed a great church group
-taught an optional Bible study for mission trip guests on poverty and helping without hurting
-given a few swim lessons to staff kids

No comments:

Post a Comment