Thursday, June 2, 2011

Imperio de Amor play day

After I finished my Shelter letters at Imperio de Amor last week I spent the afternoon playing with the younger girls.  It was 113 degrees so we didn't last long outside, even in the shade.  They took me up to their dorm where their caregiver had put on Tinkerbell so they could rest inside.  When I walked in their caregiver paused the movie and said, "Girls, we have a special American guest.  What do we do?"  The girls scurried to turn on an extra fan and point it at me, offered me the nice chair, got me a cold soda, and brought out a snack for everyone.  I started laughing and told their caregiver that I had understood what she said and appreciated it, and then made a big fuss over the girls and how polite and kind they were.  We spent the afternoon watching Tinkerbell, coloring, and making Play-Doh animals.  I love days like that!




No comments:

Post a Comment