Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas Traditions

I am a stickler for traditions around Christmas time. I maybe am a little tiny bit stubborn and get very sad if we miss one. I really love our families Christmas traditions and I firmly believe we should do them all every single year. My favorite ones are our Italian traditions like making pizzelles and having the feast of the seven seas on Christmas eve. Since I'm in Mexico for Christmas I'm in search of some new Christmas fun. Last night I played with two of our staff girls who are 6 and 10 and were having a sleep over. We made cute ornaments that looked like little Christmas trees, and then some chocolate chip cookies. It was so fun and a great way for me to practice my spanish because one of the girls is a spanish speaker, but she understands some English and she knows I'm trying to learn so she helps me out. I will be staying with these two girls for Christmas (and their family), so we made plans to do more Christmas crafts. I'm looking forward to some new Christmas traditions!

1 comment:

  1. In a smaller version, I'd wear two of those as earrings!

    ReplyDelete