Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 in Review


Today I'm taking some time by myself and reflecting a little on the past year. And I realized no wonder I'm exhausted, I lived a LOT of life in 2010. It was a year of growing up and making some big adult decisions, learning to trust God and his plans for my life, and making some new and amazing friends. So let's review my 2010 together!

-I went back to school full time to pursue a physical therapy degree
-I dropped back to part time and then quit my social work job
-I got to watch one of my old clients go to her dream university and 3 of my old clients get adopted into amazing families who love God a lot
-We took a family vacation to California to visit our good friends, Dain and Terry and have one last family vacation before I moved and Clayton started his real job
-I donated my hair for the first time, after over 2 years of growing it out
-I went to the spring leadership retreat, summer conference, and fall retreat with Clear River Church where God showed up and showed off big time
-I got to do a trail marathon, a century bike ride, 2 sprint triathlons, 1 olympic distance tri, 1 half ironman, and a full ironman all in a 5 month span (no wonder I'm still exhausted!)
-And the biggie, I moved to Mexico as staff with Back2Back Ministries to "provide care for today and hope for tomorrow" for the orphan child.

As I look forward to 2011, I have little to no idea where my life is headed. I know that God is good and that he has a plan for my life. I know God always gives me what I need in the moment, and right now knowing that I'm living here in Mexico for the next 8 months is what I need to know. Pray that God would give me wisdom and direction as I make some big decisions on where my life is headed after August!


Pre-hair donation, it was cut a little shorter than chin length!

Family vacation in California. Clayton and I were determined to sit on the beach even though it was cold and no one else was out there.
My 25th birthday dinner with my good friends Jenny and Ashley.

At summer conference Heather, Jenny, me, Karissa, and Marissa shared a tent next to some Clear River friends.
Clayton and I before our half-ironman triathlon in July.
On the bike leg of Ironman Kentucky in August, where the heat index was over 100!
One of my friends at the Rio 1 soup kitchen in Monterrey

1 comment:

  1. Whew - I'm exhausted reading the list of what has happened in your life in the past year. I hope you get time to relax and reflect before 2011 moves into fast gear.

    ReplyDelete