Friday, May 13, 2011

School's Out for Summer

This morning I taught my last class in our spring training series.  I'm already looking forward to the classes we have planned for the fall because I feel like they're even better.  This spring we made it through 6 sessions on caring for abused, neglected, and abandoned children and it's time for summer break.  Granted, our summer break is the opposite of a break, but it's summer nevertheless.  I had planned to do a little something special for our staff to commemorate the last class and remind them of what they learned, but life just happens to fast and I ran out of time.  I've been talking a lot about stocking our "toolbox" with a variety of tools to help us do a better job of working with these kids.  So, I'm asking for some ideas!  I wanted to give them something that reminds them of their toolbox and can be put somewhere to remind them of the tools when life gets stressful and kids get crazy.  Come on crafty and social work friends, I'm ready for ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment