Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rest


On Saturday I took a purposeful, intentional rest day.  Really resting here on the Back2Back Monterrey campus is hard.  There are 100+ people living full time on our campus, and so someone is always working.  And when you're working with orphans, there's always more to be done.  On my day off, even looking out my window can be risky since I look out on 5 houses full of orphan teenagers and our campus workshop.  So after 8 months of life here, I'm tired because I don't rest well.  The other single women on campus took a road trip to McAllen, TX for the weekend, and I took the opportunity to stay back with the sole purpose of resting.  I was blessed to wake up to a cool, cloudy, rainy day which just begs you to stay in bed for a while and brew lots of coffee.  I then spent the day listening to podcasts, watching some TV online, crocheting, and reading.  Relaxing, reflecting on my purpose, praying for friends who are hurting, and just enjoying my life.  One of the sermons I listened to was from my home church last May, which was titled Rest Well.  What a good reminder about how we're commanded to rest, and to rest well.  So listen to a sermon on resting well, and then do it!  Take some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment