Friday, June 11, 2010

Patience

"Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous, yes, wait patiently for the Lord." Psalm 27:14

I have and forever will freely admit that I am not a patient person. I pray for patience, and then get upset when I am not granted patience right then and there. Raising support is challenging me and my impatient ways. When I start to think about how much left there is to raise, I get that sick-to-my-stomach feeling and want to go on some kind of fundraising bonanza to get all the money now so I don't have to think about it. But that's not what I or God really wants. What I (and I think God) want is for people to support me because they feel like God has asked them to, and they want to partner with me and Back2Back in loving the poor and orphans. I don't want people to feel pressured or guilted into giving money. And so, I wait patiently for the Lord to provide. I continue to talk with people about Mexico and try to give them a glimpse into my heart and my love for these children. And I try to be brave and courageous, following what I feel God telling me to do and not rushing in to try and solve it myself. Please continue to pray for me on my support raising journey. Pray for patience for me, that God would continue to lead me, and of course that the needed money would indeed come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment