Sunday, May 16, 2010

Prayer

I've been learning a lot about prayer lately. Several Back2Back staffers have encouraged me to pray, pray, pray about raising support and moving to Mexico. Then, when I think I've prayed all I can pray, pray some more. As I processed this with my best friend/accountability partner Jenny, I realized that I love to pray for other people and things, and I like to ask God for things, but I don't really love to just sit and talk with Him. In fact, it makes me really uncomfortable. So I've been challenged to be more honest with God, to sit with Him and pour out what's on my heart and then wait to see what He has to say. It's okay if what I say doesn't make much sense or if I ramble or if all I have to say is that I don't get it. God wants honest, real, heartfelt conversation with us. And often, God answers me in the strangest places like while I was driving to the airport at 5am today, or on a spin bike during an RPM class. I'm loving the Amy Grant song "Better than a Hallelujah" right now. Because I'm sitting at the airport and it's really early, I can't figure out how to imbed the actual video, so you just get the old fashioned link. So go listen, it's good.


No comments:

Post a Comment