Thursday, February 16, 2012

Christmas 2011

After staying in Mexico for Christmas 2010, it was time to spend a Christmas with the family.  I'm fortunate to have a wonderful grandma who lives by the beach in Florida, so we like to spend Christmas at her house.  Christmas with my family is just a little bit different than most.  I believe it was referred to as "training camp" this year, and 80% of our conversations revolve around exercise.  See, my dad is a pretty avid cyclist and is looking to do a 100 mile race for the third year in a row.  My brother is a triathlete and cyclist, cycling for the GE Flyers.  Mom and I are triathlete's and runners.  This family is serious about endurance sports.  I am the late sleeper in the bunch, and I am usually up by 8 on vacation.  One day mom and I wanted a Diet Coke, so we had to sneak away without the boys to get one.  My family is definitely unique!  
We look so normal here, out to dinner at our favorite fish house.  Only a really observant person would notice that Clayton and I are both wearing running shirts out to dinner.  The reflective strips give us away.  
We do normal things, like walking on the beach early in the morning to find shells
The antlers are a must for Christmas eve/day
 I got a great Camelbak so that I can run in the mountains for hours without needing to stop for water.  And a gift certificate for new running shoes.
 Clayton got a new soccer jersey, some compression socks, and new running shoes.  
 Clayton and I posing with santa.  Except this is totally fake Santa, it was an inflatable thing in someone's front yard.  



1 comment:

  1. After reading your post, I admit it might seem that we have a few odd quirks as a family.....

    ReplyDelete