Monday, February 14, 2011

Hope



"I am counting on the Lord, yes I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word." Psalm 130:5

These are my two favorite little ones. Alexis and Angel. I don't know if it's wrong to have favorites, God doesn't have a favorite "child", but I do have favorites and here they are. Playing with them and showering them with love two days a week just isn't enough. They need a mommy and daddy. They have caregivers, but they're also responsible for the other 40 children in the home and are stretched thin. They have mothers and fathers, people who gave birth to them and usually take them home on school holidays, but mommies and daddies are different. They're someone who gets up with them in the night, who snuggles them when they're teething and cranky, who cheers over their first steps and first teeth, who buys them cute little matching outfits and shows them off, who delights in them, who takes care of them all the time and not just a few days out of the year. Sometimes I am frustrated that I can't take them home with me, it seems like my ideas to take care of them are better. Today was one of those days, when Angel was screaming except for when I held him. Or when Alexis stood up on his own for the first time and no one else noticed. But I have to trust that God's plan is best, and go back to all of God's promises for Alexis and Angel. Alexis, God promises to rescue you and to defend you. Angel, God promises to hear your cries and comfort you. I don't always know how God will accomplish those things in your life, but I know that he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment