Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Small Groups


"When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours." Romans 1:12
This week we had a really amazing group of students from my old high school in Cincinnati come to visit. I was blown away by this group, they worked super hard, love each other a lot, and really desire to grow closer to the Lord. My favorite part of the week was getting to know 4 very special girls who were in a small group that I led in the mornings. I got to see close up as preconceptions and walls crumbled, hearts were softened, and relationships with God were renewed. On one of the last nights the group took communion and then had time to pray with the small group leaders or with each other. After praying for a few of my girls, I was amazed as I sat back and watched the students gather on their own in several small groups to pray, and then one big group to pray together. I can't wait for them to take this back to their high school and put it into action!

1 comment:

  1. I think back to your first high school mission trip about 10 years ago. Now these precious girls are looking to YOU for advice and wisdom as they learn to walk in Christ. Awesome~~

    ReplyDelete