Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The not as fun stuff

This week has been about the not-so-fun part of getting ready to leave. I had to extend my apartment lease for 2 extra months, which is really expensive but was necessary. Yesterday I got some of my shots (typhoid and H1N1), and by Friday I still need to get a TB test, hepatitis A, and a tetanus booster, which are also kind of costly and make my arm really sore. Thankfully I have an awesome doctor who's attentive to the fact that I get sick pretty easily, so she's sending me with 2 rounds of antibiotics "just in case". So it's not all sunshine and roses, some of this prep work is really not fun. But I'm still excited and can't wait to be down there loving on those kiddos and working with the rest of the staff. 5-6 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment