Friday, July 9, 2010

I will not leave you as orphans

A few weeks ago, I attended the summer conference (audio is available until 7-15) put on by our network of churches with about 50 other Clear River folks. About 15 of us camped for the 4 days to save some money, and it was probably one of the most amazing experiences ever! Anyways, the theme of the conference was The Father's Love, and the theme verse was John 14:18 "I will not leave you as orphans: I will come to you." We had sessions on how the Father knows us, the Father is good, the Father chooses us, the Father is trustworthy, the Father forgives, and the Father's house. I thought a lot about the kids in Mexico, particular the teens in the Hope program. I desperately wished they could hear and really understand some of these truths. Particularly the second and third sessions on how the Father is good and that the Father chooses us. I wonder if those kids understand even a small fraction of the Father, that He is always good and gives good gifts to his children. That he chose them and their presence was His idea. That every single part of them was made purposefully and right, the Father didn't make a mistake with them or overlook them. We sang a song called "You Hold Me Now" by Hillsong, and some of the lyrics really spoke to me. I had a wonderful image of the Father rejoicing over and restoring all of his children in Heaven. Ironically, my good friend Heather had a very similar image. Must be the social worker in us both, our hearts hurt for these little ones.

"When the wars and violence cease
All creation lives in peace
May the songs of Heaven rise to you alone

No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering, you hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness, no sick or lame
No hiding, you hold me now,
You hold me now."

Swimming in the lake, we tried to spell Jesus with our arms. It worked, kind of...
My amazing lifegroup, Ashley, Jenny, and Me
Heather and I

No comments:

Post a Comment