Monday, April 5, 2010

Faith

When I need to talk to God about something, or feel like God's trying to tell me something, I run. A nice long run, preferably on a trail, with some worship music playing in my iPod. There's something about running that strips away all of me, and leaves me open to God. This Sunday, I went for a long, muddy run and talked to God about support raising and the many mixed emotions I'm having about it. As I began to let my mind wander to what would happen if I didn't raise enough support, I heard clear as day. "Oh you of little faith!" It literally stopped me in my tracks in the middle of the trail. I spent the rest of my run trying to stay focused on examples of God's provision in seemingly impossible circumstances. Today, I got an email from someone who works with me at the YMCA who's interested in supporting me. I have never had a conversation with him about what I'm doing, he just came across my blog and wanted to know how he could help. Oh me of little faith.

"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith!" Luke 12:27-28

2 comments:

  1. I also received an email today, out of the blue, regarding your support. O ye BOTH of little faith....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy,
    I asked your mom for the link. In reading your Blog two things strike me. God calls the willing, not the most capable. With your willingness, the orphens will get whatever they need from whatever you give. Second you may never see any visable change (or you may), but keep trusting God to bring the harvest.

    You've done a nice job with the site itself. Where is the key information for supporters?

    Peace and Comfort,

    Steve and Debra Butler

    ReplyDelete